Tutorials

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Embroidery 101: Stitch & Quilt Along - Block One Finished

If you are looking for my AccuQuilt GO! Baby Give Away, go here! 

++++++++

I don't know how I missed the post of the first embroidery block of the Embroidery 101: Stitch & Quilt Along from Clover & Violet because I had all nine of my blocks together, but I did.

I found it yesterday and embroidered it this morning:


I'm really liking embroidery and patchwork blocks.  I have two quilts going now!

I'm also working on Single Girl, La Petite, Pillow Swap #11 and charity sewing so I have no other finishes...yet!

23 readers left a comment:

Lynette said...

What a very, very pretty block!

Mary said...

Sweet block Mary! What would you do without a stack of projects? Can't wait to see all your finishes!

Manda said...

ooo pretty :)

Anonymous said...

You've got a lot in the works...I love seeing them!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

It's gorgeous Mary!! Lovely stitching. : )

Needled Mom said...

That is so sweet. I love the fabrics too.

Mary said...

What a very pretty little block!

Talin's Corner said...

That block is very pretty! I like the way the corners of the center block is echoed in the third border. I love the fabric/colors. I am not sure if you chose the fabrics or if it is part of pattern, but it is very pleasing.

Darlene said...

Oh no - I missed the first block too. Need to get busy.

Betsy said...

Love your fabric choices Mary and your stitchery is delightful.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful block and love the fabrics you choose to go with it.

Cyndi said...

Just beautiful, Mary, and I love those fabrics! I'm so jealous...I sure wish I could multi-task, but I'm one of those people that can't walk and chew gum at the same time, so I have to stick with one project at the time. :o( That gets to be pretty boring, I can tell ya! But I sure do enjoy seeing everyone else's projects! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

I love your fabrics! You sound very busy!

Janet said...

What a gorgeous vblock and I love the fabric, perfect for the embroidery. With your projects on the go, at least you won't get bored.

Mama Spark said...

Pretty, Mary. You sure do have a lot going on at the moment!!

susiloci said...

Que bloque tan maravilloso. Me encanta, es divino.

Dandelion Quilts said...

Very pretty! So cheery. I say...yeah for 2 cute quilts.

Sheri Howard said...

I love that you set the embroidered block on point and added the pieced corners....so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love your first block! Great job.

Wendy said...

Very pretty little stitchery block.

Sinta Renee said...

Sweet!!! That is just so cute Mary!

Unknown said...

Super cute Mary!

Catskill Quilter said...

I love your choice of colors for the fabric framing the block! Are the stems a back stitch? They look so much more delicate than mine, and I want to improve. (I think I am rusty!)