Tutorials

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Town progress

I got this far on my blocks with Happy Town by Jacquelynn Steves before I ran out of the background in Florida.  I used the strip piecing method for the Granny Square Quilt found at the Moda Bake Shop.



I thought I had more at home - I didn't. 
I thought it was Kona in Ash and checked my sample card - it wasn't .
I checked the fabric at Sewtropolis when I went to MMQG meeting Thursday - no match there (but lots of other great fabric).

I have everything cut out for three more granny squares and ordered online my next guess for a match.  I'll let you know if I find it - otherwise this will be a square quilt!  I have a plan on how to finish it.

You can find Happy Town fabric by Henry Glass here. Remember you still have time to enter your quilt in the Quilts For Kids Contest!

19 readers left a comment:

Missy Shay said...

I love the colors you used!

Abby and Stephanie said...

A happy quilt for happy fabric!

Bev said...

Cute, cute, cute! Send to me when finished!

Cheery wave from Bev

Needled Mom said...

It looks wonderful, Mary. Don't you just get completely frustrated when you can't find the right fabric?? Grr.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Lookin' good Mary! I have a few light grays...one is a Riley Blake that I bought in town and the other a Bella that I ordered online...let me know if you want me to send you some little swatches to try to match?

Terry said...

Your blocks are beautiful! Such happy colors! :0)

Julia said...

Don't you just hate it when you run out of background fabric...
The blocks are lovely and happy.
Julia ♥

Carla said...

Lovely blocks. I really like these quilts when they are done!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Pretty!! I hope you find the background fabric that you need.

Deborah said...

Beautiful blocks......love the colors! I hope you find you match!

imquilternity said...

If you can't find the fabric, send me a tiny swatch because I might have some of it and I'll send it to you. I thought what I had was "ash", but it's not, so maybe it's what you have. :)

Betsy said...

Mary , your blocks are wonderful.mif I did not have so many projects going on, I would make some.

Cathy said...

I love your blocks. If you can't find the same fabric you could always use these blocks as the center of your quilt and use a different background fabric for the outer border of quilt blocks. Hugs

Diane said...

I hate it when I can't match my solids... Hope you get lucky and the one you ordered is a match!

Michele said...

I hope your matching works out! It looks nice as it is though. Very cute!

CitricSugar said...

It's gorgeous. If the background you ordered doesn't match, try using that to your advantage and alternate or arrange the blocks so that the background becomes a secondary pattern. :-)

mascanlon said...

I would have guessed ash too since that's one of my favorite grays these days. These blocks are so darn cute, something else to go on the to do list!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What cheerful fabric! Cute

Mama Pea said...

Well, the blocks look just great. Hope you find your match!