Tutorials

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Accordion Bag by Sew Sweetness

I tested a pattern for Sara of Sew Sweetness a few weeks ago. It is called the Accordion Bag:
I used a slice of the entire rainbow of Pezz prints for the flap, yard died Essex Linen\cotton in black for the body and strap and Kona in black for the piping.
You can find Sara's blog post about her new pattern here (including a photo of MY bag) and a link to her shop to purchase the pattern.
The pattern is very well written, lots of photos to accompany the steps and the bag is a perfect size.

16 readers left a comment:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's a beauty! Love the rainbow Pez. :)

Needled Mom said...

That is so cute. Thanks for showing it to us.

Mama Spark said...

Really cute Mary! Love the Pez rainbow!

Cindy said...

What a coincidence. I literally just bought and downloaded her other purse pattern, "Dot, Dot, Dash" bag 2 days ago.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Perfect combination of fabrics, Mary!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love those pezzy prints. Is there anything better than a pretty new bag?

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Beautiful bag! I love your fabric choices.

Jean(ie) said...

LOVE the rainbow flap... how is the linen to sew with? I've been debating on buying some.

randi--i have to say said...

Too cute! I LOVE the use of the pezzys!

Janet said...

What a great bag, I love the grey linen with the colours.

Mama Pea said...

I love it, Mary. The pez fabric is just great, and I love the rainbow effect!

Margaret said...

Mary, I tested this pattern too. I love it. I have been using it for about two weeks. I like yours better. The pattern was super fun. Are you testing the next one?

Barb said...

Wow, your bag is amazing! Well done.

brittany marie davis said...

That is a great bag! Very cool!

Ellen said...

I love this! Fun and fresh.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow. Super cute!