Tutorials

Monday, August 27, 2012

Updates

Completed block 7 & 8 of 
Summer Star by Temecula Quilt Co.
so I am all caught up:

Block 8
These are 4" finished blocks.

Block 7 (should have cropped this photo - oops)

....and all eight:

 +++++
Not much sewing this weekend.
My sewing room was turned into Audrey's room from Thursday through Sunday.

We had so much fun.
I bought a sewing kit with shoe laces and boards with holes punched in them.  Remember having those as a child? The boards were brightly painted pictures of animals and she loved "working" on them:

 
Grandpa and Grandma also spent a lot of time helping her sew. We went swimming every day, pontooning, stroller rides, walked to the park to use the playground and reading lots and lots and lots of books.

Audrey brought "Baby" (her doll) along and she was wearing one of Audrey's baby dresses and it was a little large, so I did sneak the sewing machine open to make Baby a new outfit:

 Audrey was happy to show it off!
What a wonderful weekend.

14 readers left a comment:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a sweet face and equally sweet Grandma. How nice of you to make 'Baby' a new outfit. :)

Needled Mom said...

Aww.....she's so cute. I DO remember those fun sewing boards. Great start to a lifelong love of sewing.

Mama Pea said...

She is just so precious! I just adore her. I love your block. It's very civil war looking!

evelyn said...

What a cutie. I recognize the boards, and the mini tupperware in the background. What a good grandma you are.

paulette said...

What a sweetie!! Lucky YOU!! Love your blocks too!
P

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your stars are wonderful - great color and fabric! Oh, what a sweetie, look how serious with her sewing.

Carrie P. said...

I finished my block #8.
I do remember those cards. Audrey is a cutie with her dressed up doll.

Susan said...

Love that pink and brown!

Sewing cards are so much fun...I have some that I keep in my sewing room too. When Audrey gets a little older try plastic canvas with yarn and a big yarn needle.

Deborah said...

Audrey is just adorable! I am sew looking forward to having a granddaughter! Loving the colors in your Temecula blocks!

Julia said...

Pretty in Pink blocks..
Look at the concentration on Audrey's face as she sews her card...great way to start sewing..
Precious memories..
Julia ♥

prsd4tim2 said...

Oh, what a fun weekend with such a cutie! She does look like she is really proud of Baby's outfit! Sure wish my grands lived closer!

Deb said...

sounds like awesome fun with an adorable little girl she is just darling!
your Temecula blocks are wonderful today is the next block!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Audrey is too adorable. and your blocks are wonderful too!

Nanette Merrill said...

Audrey is beautiful. We are both so lucky.