I finished my Salt Air top last night!
I wasn't sure about the striped border, but I like it.
It is 62" X 82" and I used the 3 1/2" Drunkards Path die with my Go Baby to cut out the 280 curved piece blocks.
Once again, it's prettier in real life, but I tried photos last night inside and today on the deck and this is the best I can get.
A special "thank you" to a generous someone who knows who she is for this awesome fabric!!!
I can't wait to get it quilted and start using it. If you have any suggestions for quilting, please share!!
+++++
I had just enough time before Olympic gymnastics last night to finish Summer Star block 5:
I could have had a little more contrast on the star part of this one but I still like it.


39 readers left a comment:
Oh, Mary, it's fabulous. I think swirls through the whole quilt would look great.
Sweet block!
Wowzer! It's really terrific. I love the stripes and you even mitered the corners.
The Salt Air came out wonderfully - love the striped border (and mitering). Oh yeah, free swirls with occssional bubbles for that 'ocean' look - just super!
Beautiful Mary. I have a little quilt on my blog today with some colors from your block today.
So very, very, very pretty!
Fun quilt! I see bubbles for some reason. Even swirls would be a great texture because center is busy...maybe separate borders with a feather design.
I can picture this beauty on a deck in the summer sun! Nice, nice work!
Your Salt Air top is gorgeous! I love the striped border, too. I think that if it were me, I would just do some diagonal crossed lines for quilting...
blue striped border is a perfect choice.....but then I almost always like stripes.
Your Salt Air quilt is gorgeous!!!
I also really like your Summer Star block.
Your Salt Air quilt is gorgeous!!!
I also really like your Summer Star block.
Absolutely stunning quilt and the striped border looks perfect with all the patterns. As for quilting I have no idea.
Your block is very pretty.
Blissful stitching...
Your Salt Air quilt is fabulous! I love it!
Gorgeous quilt , I love the colors and your little star block is sweet as well.
Mary
Your Salt Air Quilt is gorgeous!
looks gorgeous!! I love teh striped border, great beachy feel
Hey, that striped border is fantastic on Salt Air. :)
Oh, your salt air top is fabulous. It seems to have alot of movement. It looks like the ocean with sea anemones in it.
I like you star block too. I am 2 behind.
I love your DP quilt - it looks fabulous! Thank you so much Mary for your kind offer - I couldn`t get back to you as you are an NRB but if you could email me at ajlzeiddar (at)gmail(dot) com I can let you have my details!
I love it! Especially the striped border. I have that die, too, and I can't wait to try it. Your star block turned out very nice!
It's beautiful!!! I love it!!!
Hi Mary beautiful quilt I love the fabric, what about a pattern that looks like waves because it just reminds me of being at a beach with the ocean waves. your work is beautiful. Blessings Sanmdra
That is gorgeous. I love it.
I LOVE the striped border!! Beautiful :)
Look at that spectacular curved piecing!
Really love the quilt! and the border looks fantastic! Straight line quilting might be a good mix up with all those curves? and maybe some free machining on the borders?
Wonderful quilt, Mary! Great colors and I love the mitered border. 280 curved piece blocks!!! Whew!
Gorgeous and that striped fabric just gives your top that final zing!
OMGosh, Mary....that is FABULOUS! It turned out so beautifully, and I think the striped border looks great on it! And mitered corners...WOW! That is THE perfect quilt for using on your deck when the temps get a bit cool.
The Summer Star block is so pretty, too. Love those pinks and browns!
XOXO,
Cyndi
This is a stunning quilt top!! Perfection!
I love this quilt! The borders are perfect! Your mitered corners match so well. Congratulations of such a lovely top.
Super cute... and I love the stripes as well as the mitering you did!!!
It's amazing! What a fun, fun quilt! I think the border really makes it pop :-)
Your Salt Air quilt is fantastic. I think I'd keep the quilting very simple on this, otherwise you could lose the effect of the DP blocks.
Your Salt Air quilt is beautiful. I love the bright, airy feeling it give me.
I just love it! That striped border is just right. I agree that it suggests a beachy feeling. Love it!!!
I think the stripe border is beautiful!
Oh this is just lovely!! The colours remind me of the beach huts & stripey chairs you find at the seaside in the UK.
I would be tempted to so a wavy pattern to reflect the sea theme.
Cheers
Lush
London, UK
Your Salt Air quilt is gorgeous. i love the colors/fabrics and the striped border.
Post a Comment