This quilt is going to be really hard to send away:
I finished hand sewing the binding this afternoon on the deck.
There was quite a bit of action on the lake...docks going in and people trying out their boats.
I did the quilting yesterday:
I didn't think it needed a lot. This quilt is about 20 inches square.
This NY Star pattern is by Daniel Rouse of Piece and Press. Thank you Daniel.
This round of the Doll Quilt Swap required at least any six blocks from a list of six traditional blocks.
The NY Star could be four - one for each quadrant - so I was short two.
Luckily my "swap mama" had a great idea....put two blocks on the back.
All set! This is going in the mail to my partner Wednesday - after I bring it for show and tell at my guild meeting Tuesday.

28 readers left a comment:
It's just beautiful. You have a lucky partner!
Mary, this is just gorgeous! I understand why it will be difficult to part with, for sure! :)
I love it! I couldn't give it away! That is what happens with too many of my larger size quilts too!
Just awesome, Mary! Love it! And I love how you put the two little blocks on the back. Just adorable.
Very nice...your partner will love it. I did get to quilt on your quilt some today. Yeah!
I just love this - colors, pattern, hand quilting, and the labeling is brilliant!
Oh goodness, it's gorgeous Mary! It's obvious why it will be so hard to let go of. I'm sure it will be well loved.
It's beautiful Mary. I love your fabric choices.
Beautiful work Mary. I love your choice of colours.
Beautiful!
Very pretty!!!!
It's so lovely!
Oh it turned out wonderful!! Great job!
Love it. I am going to participate in my first doll quilt swap in my Modern Quilt guild.
OMGosh, Mary....that little quilt is absolutely AMAZING! I love everything about it...and the colors are wonderful. I think I'd have a really hard time letting that one go, too! But I know your swap partner is going to treasure it forever!
XOXO,
Cyndi
It's beautiful Mary! I'm sure your swap partner will be so pleased. Love the solution to the six block requirement!
What a beauty! I'd have trouble sending it off too, but I'm sure it will be treasured by the receiver!
You make the best doll swap projects ever!!!
I love a doll quilt swap. One of the first things I ever participated in at our local quilt guild was a doll quilt contest. We had to provide a doll to accompany the quilt. They were judged and then given to the local Toys for Tots at Christmas. They were so much fun to make. Thanks for sharing yours!
Wonderful doll quilt!
Very lucky partner indeed! Beautiful Mary!
Your quilt is beautiful and very special with your hand stitching. Blissful...
What a lovely quilt! Bright and sunny!
Hugs,
Tatyana
some one will really like this one...I agree , it would be hard to send!!
That is gorgeous! I love the color combo!
You have a very lucky partner!
No kidding it would be hard to send. I love it. I have never made anything like that. Bravo.
Sweet mini and your partner will love it!
It's beautiful!
Post a Comment