Tutorials

Monday, August 1, 2011

July Birdie Stitches and Alice Matilda

I met my self imposed deadline and finished July Birdie stitches before the end of the month!
Barely!!
All ready for August now.

++++++++
 
AND.......

We're grandparents again!!
Alice Matilda was born on July 25th to Jessica and Erik.
She weighed 9lbs. 4oz. !!!
That little owl dress I made her won't fit for long!

39 readers left a comment:

Barb said...

I am so jealous.......

love your stitches....and you reminded me it is August for a new one.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

You block looks great. Congratulations on the new granddaughter! She's a beauty.

Allison said...

She's beautiful!!!

Terry said...

Love your birdie block! And congratulations on the new granddaughter! She's beautiful! :0)

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Congratulations to you and your family! What a little cutie~

Anya said...

Congratulations on the new cutie in your family!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Oh, Mary! Okay, first of all your Birdie Stitches block is adorable. But as adorable as it is, NOTHING could be better than that adorable little baby. (Getting so excited about our new one in September!) Give her lots of hugs and kisses.

Doris said...

That block is pretty stinkin' cute, but nowhere near as cute as the new addition. We're still waiting for Baby Z to make her appearance here....

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Spice said...

Congratulations! Very cute

Manda said...

Lovely stitches!
And congrats, she is beautiful!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Alice Matilda is as sweet as can be.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations!! Sweet baby. Your July block looks great. I'm hoping to get caught up (to June) this week. I'm taking my stitching with me to New Hampshire.

Lynette said...

Awwww :) Congratulations! Very cute July Birdie block, too.

Needled Mom said...

Aww....congratulations!!! She is definitely a keeper and your block is wonderful!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

What a gorgeous block Mary, and what an adorable Granddaughter! I love her name, beautiful. Congratulations. xo

Quilted Librarian said...

How wonderful, Mary. Many congratulations to all. Love you embroidery and the fabrics all around it.

Warmest regards,
Dana

Michele said...

So cute......just adorable :-) Your stitching is lovely too! Congratulations!!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Precious baby! Congrats!

Pat from Florida said...

What a cutie! Congrats.

Julia said...

Love your birdie block, ...congratulations on your new baby granddaughter.. She's so beautiful!
Julia ♥

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Mary, such wonderful news! I adore her name and she is just beautiful!

mascanlon said...

She is just gorgeous! My newest granddaughter is 10 weeks old already and I can't snuggle with her enough.

Rachel D @ Just Sew Y'all Know said...

Congrats! What a sweet picture and beautiful baby girl!

Dawn said...

Simply adorable --- the blocks & the new granddaughter!

Nicole said...

Beautiful baby! You look pretty happy too! Congratulations to all of you.
Your stitching is marvelous! I love it.

mrs.burkette said...

Congrats on the new baby!! And I love the birdies. :)

Mama Pea said...

Oh, Mary, she is just gorgeous! What a little cutie pie.

Your stitching is awesome. Thanks for the DMC numbers. I'll go get my floss and get started. Guess I better go download August's block too. Gee, I'm only 8 months behind. LOL.

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cutie!!! You must feel so blessed. Love the block too!

Tatkis said...

Beautiful bird block! And congratulations with your new granddaughter - she is so lovely :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness, she is adorable!!! Congratulations!

The birdie block is so cute too -- love it!

felicity said...

Congratulations - and I absolutely adore the name Alice. Hooray for fresh babies!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how sweet is she!

Talin's Corner said...

A big welcome to Alice! Congratulations.

Your July birdie block is just beautiful. I love it. I like how the embroidery floss coordinates with your border fabrics.

Lori said...

I love the birds! So cute! You have made so many beautiful things!

Sally said...

I love the colors and the way you stitched up your birdie block.... I'm way way way behind on mine.

Congrats on your new granddaughter, too! She is beautiful.

M and M plus 3 said...

Welcome to lil Miss Alice! What a sweet cutie! Congrats. Your Birdie stitches looks great! Mine is copied ready to go. Funny, I worked on one of these blocks while in Canada only to misplace it with only about 15 mins left needing done. I sure hope mine turns up soon!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, I have missed an important event. Wow, I am really behind in reading.
Congratulations!!! she is a sweetie.
Cute block too.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Oh, congratulations on a beautiful new granddaughter!!