Tutorials

Monday, August 29, 2011

FQS Mystery BOM Quilt top & Embroidery 101 Block 4 complete

The quietness on my blog is due to celebrating my MIL's 95th birthday on Saturday at our house.  In attendance were 63 people!  
Luckily we had the perfect Minnesota summer day.  The food table was on the front porch with tables to seat 60 on the upper and lower decks.  Much visiting, eating and swimming.  Whew, glad it's over!

++++++++++
You've probably seen this already on other blogs, but here is my FQS Mystery BOM using 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain for Moda:

This was my first ever BOM and I loved everything about it.  It was like receiving a surprise package in the mail every month and I couldn't wait to put the block together.  I love all the blocks and especially the finishing kit!  I can't wait to get it quilted and it will be all ready to use during the holidays!

I have another set of all twelve blocks already made to make a second quilt for a gift!

+++++
I finished block four of Clover & Violet's Embroidery 101:
These are so fun and I love using all the new stitches I'm learning.

29 readers left a comment:

Melinda said...

Ooh, cute quilt! And I love your C&V block! I'm currently working on Block 6 myself!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love the BOM finish! I need to finish mine. Love the embroidery block too! I was checking that QAL yesterday. I may jump in late and give it a try.

Mary said...

Love how you did the Christmas sampler. It looks so good. Love the embroidered block. It is very sweet.

Kim Brackett said...

Both are just gorgeous! I knew when I started seeing the Christmas blocks that I would regret not signing up for that. Too pretty!

Barb said...

What an awesome quilt...soooooo love it!

Purple Pam said...

Love your new holiday quilt. Those colors are delicious! Also, your embroidery block is darling.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Happy Birthday to your MIL!! How very special!
I just love your Christmas BOM and you are making me want to start the embroidery one. The blocks are just sooooo cute!!

Rachel said...

They both look great!!!

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on your MIL's 95th!! That's awesome. Love the 12 Days of Christmas BOM. Beautiful!

Linda said...

Those are both just beautiful!

Lynette said...

What a fun post! Love the finished Christmas BOM top, and the embroidery block is delightful. Feel like sharing at today's BOMs AWAY linky? www.whatahootquilts.blogspot.com

Karen said...

What a wonderful day for your MIL. A great achievement to celebrate!
I love seeing these BOMs come together. I have never participated in one but am being tempted!
Your quilt looks great.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love your BOM! It did turn out great!

SandyN said...

Wow Mary your Christmas BOM is just beautiful


Sandyn

Mary said...

Your Christmas quilt is fantastic! What a cute pattern and how fun this will be to use at Christmas time :)

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

95, what a celebration and your projects look great. You'll be so happy at Christmas time.

Solstitches said...

Your Christmas quilt top is gorgeous and the stitchery block is cute :)
Margaret

Sunnybec said...

I love your quilt! I have just finished a sampler with 12 Days of Christmas too! I love that fabric but then I love most things Kate Spain! Linda

Janet said...

Lovely quilt! Watch out, those BOM's can get a bit addictive with the excitement of a pack arriving each month. Love, love the stitchery block.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun BOM Christmas quilt! I've seen a few here in the hollow and can kick myself for not participating in that one!

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday to your MIL!!! That must have been quite a party.

Your BOM quilt looks just fabulous.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

I love your quilt. It's so cheerful. Good work! You embroidery block is lovely. Good work Mary!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous party for your MIL! The Minnesota weather has been great. I love rain but was wishing that it had held off through today as the crew was here staining our newly built deck. We are looking forward to a big party, too! I love your Christmas BOM quilt. Just looks like you! And the stitchery blocks are just adorable!

Mama Pea said...

Well, I'm feeling a little jealous. I think I only have 4 of my 12 blocks done for that quilt. I fell behind and just couldn't get caught up. I wish I had my top done and could go get it quilted! Well, I will one of these days. I think that fabric is so cute. It turned out really great, Mary! Love your embroidery work, too!

Carrie P. said...

Glad you had such a good time at the birthday.
You should have that quilt done in time for Christmas.
Such a cute block.

Mama Spark said...

You make me want to get mine done too!!! I love how it came out!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Looks good MARY! miss ya! no fall trip forme to MN... BOOO!

Dandelion Quilts said...

This is such a darling quilt. Love it...especially the stars. Your blocks are really coming along. Can't wait to see them all together, they are so cute.

Anonymous said...

I love your FQS BOM! I kept going back and forth on whether to sign up, but I really missed out! Yours is the first I've seen all put together. Really cute!