Tutorials

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Meadow Storm

Meadow Storm Quilt

I was lucky enough to get a fatquarter bundle of Meadow Storm designed by my friend Victoria of Victoria Findlay Wolfe Quilts for Marcus Brothers Fabric.


I found the perfect pattern to show off all the beautiful colors in the line. It is called Diamond Patch by Valley Creations.

I chose the twin size and it required 46 nine-patches using 2 1/2 inch squares.

I used my favorite background fabric from the Meadow Story line, Meadow Storm Misty White. You can find it by clicking on the name. It's going to be great to have the extra I bought around for more projects.

The quilt measures 60" X 90". I have not had a chance to quilt it yet, but have a few ideas in mind.

 

6 readers left a comment:

Rene' said...

I love nine patch blocks! Victoria's fabric is lovely, and your quilt features it beautifully!!

Lori said...

This is very pretty. I love the colors. Cant wait to see it done.

Jocelyn said...

Wow that turned out so pretty!

Darlene said...

This is such a pretty quilt. I love the simplicity of the pattern! Where can I get the pattern, Mary?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Looks great Mary!! SWEET!!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

This looks beautiful, Mary. Very cheery on a cold wintry day.