Tutorials

Monday, September 19, 2016

Blogger's Quilt Festival

It's been a very long time since I posted on my blog and maybe the Blogger's Quilt Festival will inspire me to get back to this.

My most recent quilt ended up being one of my all time favorite quilts, maybe because I made it start to finish.

This quilt is a pattern called Ventana by Nydia Kehnle and the fabric is all Michael Miller Cotton Couture. It's hard to tell but the background is a dark chocolate brown.

I quilted this on my Pfaff in horizontal rows every 3/8" using Aurifil 40 wt. thread.

The backing is Anna Maria Horner Field Study Sinister Swarm that I pieced to match the pattern.

The texture turned out amazing.

This quilt is 50" by 59".

I entered this quilt in the Small Quilt category in the Blogger's Quilt Festival if you would like to vote for this quilt. Thank you.

 

13 readers left a comment:

Ariane said...

This quilt is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Alison V. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

What a stunning quilt! Perfect for fall!

Unknown said...

Such a stunner Mary! I love your quilting :)

Kathryn said...

I love these colors Mary. Wonderful.

Danette said...

Such a great quilt. I would be using it daily!

lkhomework said...

It's a gorgeous quilt! I love the rich brown background, and how it makes the other colors so vibrant.

Missy Shay said...

I love the colors!

Betty said...

Mary, I love everything about this quilt!!!! It's a pattern that's been calling my name and you have now raised the bar even higher🤗🤗🤗🤗

diane said...

Beautifully done in every way...piecing...colors...backing...quilting. For sure it's a keeper for one's self.

Quilting Babcia said...

The color shadings are wonderful. Beautiful quilt!

Havplenty said...

Fabulous quilt. The backing was just perfect and your matching piecing on it is something to admire.

tushay3 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Lisa S. said...

The colors in your quilt are absolutely stunning! I would,love to know what colors you used.