Tutorials

Saturday, April 25, 2015

More sewing - not quilts

Still at the sewing machine every day but not making quilts.

Sweet granddaughter wanted a garden fairy theme for her 5th birthday so here is what I made for her to wear:

I can not believe she is five and starting kindergarten in the fall.

Next is something that has been on my list forever:

It's the Scrappy Happy Bag pattern by my friend Crazy Mom Quilts. You can get the pattern here.

Here are a few blocks for April bees:

This one is for my Mid Century Modern bee. A fun 113 piece block!

And this is for my Sew Sisters Bee.

I've started working on the gnome swap projects and here are a few peeks:

 

 

11 readers left a comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the day of grands. How fun and dang cute she is!

sunny said...

How wonderful that she chose a garden fairy at 5!! And the costume is adorable. She must really love it.

Melody A. said...

Such a beautiful costume and she looks like a flower fairy !

Missy Shay said...

I love your bag and the costume is adorable!

Carol said...

Your granddaughter is adorable. The Fairy costume is so cute! I have that tote bag pattern and still haven't made it, I really should. Love yours with the fabric selvedges.

badlandsquilts said...

Oh my gosh 5 years old already! Time has flown! Your bee blocks are so bright and perfectly precise!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a cutie!! Very sweet costume. I love your bag! I have just started saving selvages... maybe mine will grow into a bag someday too. :-) Have a happy weekend!@

Needled Mom said...

I am sure that you made that little girl's dream come true. She looks adorable..

Love the selvage bag! The blocks look terrific too. I can't believe how many pieces are in that first one. WOW

FlourishingPalms said...

Our grandchildren are the same age; Tay will start kindergarten in the fall too. And I can't believe it either! No sewing cute costumes for me though. The one you made is adorable. I'm missing my sewing machine as I'm spending so much time with these grandkids.

I'm in love with your selvages bag. That pieced concept could be applied to other patterns and look good too. Thanks for sharing your darling finish.

mascanlon said...

Oh Mary she is adorable as always and the outfit perfect for her celebration. Today I hope to work on some simple bloomers for littlest grand, coordinating with a skirt I made for her sister a few weeks ago. And last night I pieced a bunch of pincushion tops in Solstice.....maybe I will be ahead of the holiday gift making frenzy....lol

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I don't believe that Audrey is going to be 5 and going into Kindergarten. IMPOSSIBLE! The outfit that you made her is totally adorable!