Tutorials

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Catch up post!

I've never gone this long before without posting to my blog. I have to fix that!

Just sent this November Mid-Century bee block off to Elizabeth.

The October bee block may be part of an upcoming new pattern!

I've received all of my bee block and need to decide how to use them / finish into a project.

Aren't they gorgeous?

I made this Anna Maria horner Lemondrops pattern using her knit fabric to make myself a top.

It's so comfy I ordered fabric to make another.

We've had the best sunsets lately.

We're almost to the end of our traveling quilt bee. Here is a Waterlouge. Peek of Katie's.

These are turning out so beautiful - I can't wait to see mine!

I finished a commission t-shirt quilt and pillowcase for a friend.

This is a photo I took on our last pontoon outing of the season.

 

Now I'm working on three quilts that are in some state of completion! Be back soon!

12 readers left a comment:

Susan said...

You must live in a beautiful part of the word- autumn leaves and sunsets galore!

Carla said...

Hi Mary. Your Union Jack blocks look great. Enjoy all your projects ; )

Kathy MacKie said...

You've been very productive, thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed your beautiful Autumn pictures.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You've been quite busy - what a lovely place you live, makes for gorgeous Fall photos.

SewCalGal said...

You've certainly been busy. Beautiful quilts, but that knit shirt certainly has caught my attention. Lovely fabric, designs and such professional sewing skills. Can you make me one? Ok, how about a tutorial one day?

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Needled Mom said...

It's amazing how the time gets away from us like that. You have kept yourself busy during your absence. I love that comfy looking top. The t-shirt quilt is great. Your fall colors are gorgeous.

diane said...

Nice blocks with great fabrics.

did you use the dress and shirt pattern or is there another one? Love your shirt and need to make myself some that I really like verses what I've purchased lately. so glad you posed the shirt picture.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Hi Mary,
Your pix are lovely of the fall leaves and the sunset...nature stimulates me in a way nothing else could.

Your quilt block at the top is sensational...the color placement and fabrics...typical Mary work...love it.

Smiles,
Kelly

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your fall leaves and sunsets are wonderful. Love all the pretty blocks! Glad you're back.

Terri said...

Love your quilt blocks, Mary! But I really adore that top you made for yourself - it's awesome. I always love seeing scenic pictures from your home - looks so lovely.

Barb said...

what a cute top ! wonderful pineapple block too!
lovely photos

OPQuilt said...

Of course I love that opening block! Thanks for making me a block and sending it out so quickly--it's up on my pin wall, soon to be joined by others.

I'm also impressed with your other sewing projects (that T-shirt looks divine) and with your gorgeous scenery. Sigh. Yes, I'm jealous, but I'm happy to enjoy it vicariously through your photos.

Lovely post!
Elizabeth