One of my best friends at work before I retired is having her first baby in July and when I got the baby shower invitation, I got busy and made her a baby quilt.
I chose Miss Rosie's X-Rated pattern, but rather than use charm packs or a layer cake, I wanted to use a Lily and Will jelly roll from Bunny Hill Designs. This required a little adjustment to the setting triangles and the border squared, but it worked out.
I quilted 1/4" inside every X which required tying off and burying 96 knots! The border only needed a zig zag. I am very happy with the texture the quilting provided on this baby quilt.
I finished my part on Kristine's traveling quilt from our IGTQB. This was so fun and I can only show a peek of what I added.
Today I finished ans sent off my block for Carla in the Mid Century Modern Bee. She provided the tutorial for the arrow.
How about a peek at Brandon?
I can't believe he is almost three months old already.

20 readers left a comment:
Wow, I love the baby quilt!!!
I love Bunny Hill for baby quilts and doesn't this look so cute and snuggly. Oh, the wee one is growing!!
Oh the quilts are lovely - and Brandon is adorable beyond words. They are so sweet at this age - and every age.
Beautiful quilts...but I could just eat him up!!! What a doll....boys are special little gifts, I know because I have 2 (and three grown girls :)
Smiles,
Kelly
Awesome quilts, especially the baby quilt. I love it. And the baby is really cute!
Lovely work on the baby quilt. It looks great.
And that is a lovely picture of Brandon. Such a happy little one.
Wow! Mary, I love the baby quilt! My niece is expecting in early Fall...this may be the quilt for her! Brandon is a sweetie! Have a wonderful Memorial Day, Mary!
Cute baby quilt, but that little Brandon is adorable. His smile is wonderful.
Lucky baby to have a handmade quilt. It's beautiful.
So soft and lovely, I can almost feel it, great job!
Babies and quilts just go together : ) Love the arrow!
Darling baby and darling quilt finish.
That is such a sweet baby quilt. How adorable little Brandon is! Blessings on this Memorial weekend...
Such a sweet and lovely baby quilt!
Brandon is adorable :)
Hugs,
Tatyana
Sweet baby quilt but even sweeter baby. They grow up too fast.
The baby blanket is adorable. And love the other things too.
Very cute baby blanket. Your dedication to tying off knots is impressive. Fun to see that little grandson of yours--great smile!
And that sneak peek is tantalizing--stars all around make me think of summer and the our independence holiday. Coming soon!
Elizabeth
Very pretty baby quilt. I'm guessing you know it's going to be a girl haha! This schnibble was actually the May pattern for the schnibble along. Did you enter in the parade?
OOO! I really like that sneak peek of that quilt.
Brandon is adorable. He looks big for 3 mos.
Adorable dress too in the previous post.
Post a Comment