Tutorials

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fun pattern testing

I just finished the quilt top of a patttern I tested for Lynne of Lily's Quilts. She has named it "The Tube" and it has four different versions.

The version I tested has sixteen inch blocks and the quilt is 56" X 56" finished. I was pretty proud of using ONLY the fabrics from my stash for this quilt! I think it is a smashing design. Lynne will be releasing the pattern soon. I think i will follow her lead on the quilting with straight lines in black but not until the new year.

I also finished the top for a Spicy Spiral table topper but still need to quilt it.

The fabric is mostly Rouenerries by French General and I'm happy with the color range.

There was the most beautiful sunrise this morning over the lake with sun dogs:

The lake isn't completely frozen over yet, but will be soon with the below zero temperatures overnight for the next week. Brrrrrr.......

 

14 readers left a comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I do like that TUBE pattern - saw it on her site. Those spiral toppers are just gorgeous and this one is super in the fabric selection. What a lovely photo of the lake - yes, it is getting cold!

Nilya said...

Love your Tube Version. And you Layer out the fabrics so beautiful :-(

Karen said...

Great work with the test pattern. Wow!
And the spiral table runner is stunning.
That is a lovely photo of the sunrise and the lake. I can't imagine having that view as we rarely get cold enough to freeze a puddle.

Needled Mom said...

Brrr...that looks cold!

I love those spiral runners and the fabrics you used are beautiful.

The tubes in the pattern are very interesting too.

Carla said...

If I had that view I wouldn't mind at all if it were cold. We are -13 this morning. Your runner is stunning!
Enjoy your sewing today

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

I love your table runner. You chose such beautiful fabrics. Wonderful pictures of the lake and the sun dogs. Thanks so much for sharing!

Carli The Quilter said...

Looks like a new look for this quilt! Good Luck!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Your "Tube" quilt looks great and I love the sundogs!

Deborah said...

Wow! Beautiful tube quilt. Such a striking design! And your view of the lake is amazing. Must be a great place to live!!

Michele said...

Love these! Beautiful view :-)

FlourishingPalms said...

You make such pretty things! How fun that you could do some pattern testing, and especially that you could make it without needing to run to a quilt shop. I made one of those spiral table runners... without buying the pattern. Figured it out by watching the YouTube video about it. I'm cheap like that. :-) Your sun dogs are definitely pretty to look at, from the warmth of indoors!

Carrie P. said...

love the topper and WOW what a sunrise.

Sarah said...

I love the spiral table runner. Wow!

Heather A said...

Just had to chime in with some love for your tube quilt. LOVE IT!