This quilt has been a LONG time in process and I am so happy to have finished it in time for the Bloggers Quilt Festival created by Amy of Amy's Creative Side.
The name of this pattern is Stars Over Fort Sumter by Bonnie Blue and I bought it and the fabric in Charleston when my daughter and son-in-law were living there.
It took a few years before I cut it out and then another few years before I started piecing it.
I knew once I finished it that it would need quilting that exceed my ability on my domestic machine so I sent it off to my longarm quilter with no deadline.
Once the date of the Bloggers Quilt Festival started popping up, I called her and asked if she could finish it by October 22nd.
I couldn't pick up the quilt until October 23rd and I just finished the binding this morning (October 24th). I love how it turned out.
The quilt is 85" X 85".
Thank you for stopping by to see my entry into the festival.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







30 readers left a comment:
It's beautiful and worth the time you took to finish it right. Quilting by Credit Card just like Eleanor Burns and Alex Anderson is OK in my book.
It's fabulous! Congrats on finishing it.
Wow Mary, it's gorgeous!!
It's really beautiful Mary! Congrats on getting it finished in time.
Very nice Mary! Do you have a special spot for this?
Congrats on the finish
Mary, this is such a beautiful quilt. I'm glad you were able to complete it in time!
A beautiful quilt with a perfectly timed finish.
Your quilt is stunning, Love the fabrics!
It's beautiful Mary, well worth the wait till it was finished.
I recognize some of the fabrics..
Good luck with the Quilt festival.
Julia ♥
That is just beautiful. Well worth waiting for.
Beautiful "partnering" of fabric and pattern! Gorgeous!! Love the border, too!
Gorgeous!
Very pretty!
That is a gorgeous quilt. I love the fabrics, and that star design is so beautiful!
Fabulous quilt Mary and the quilting is wonderful, always a sucker for feathers!
Beautiful quilt Mary!
Gorgeous - reminds me of chocolate covered strawberries! Yum!
It's so pretty, Mary! It makes me crave chocolate-covered cherries....
Love those colors together!
Definitely worth the wait. Sometimes these things can't be rushed.
You have made a lovely quilt and your LAQ has complemented your work perfectly.
Love it! It's beautiful, and the quilting is great! Yay for a finish!
Ooh so beautiful , you did a wonderful job on this quilt. Well worth the time it took. The quilting is just the gorgeous finishing touch.
very Pretty!!
Your quilt is beautiful, Mary, and SO worth the wait :-)!!!
Perfect time to have finished it :o)
Wow! It's just gorgeous Mary. Definitely worth the wait.
Very sweet and pretty! Well done.
Very, very pretty!
Lovely quilt and your longarmer did a wonderful job quilting it for you. :-)
Very pretty, Mary! Your longarm quilter did a beautiful job for you. Hope you win!
Post a Comment