Tutorials

Monday, May 6, 2013

Give Away Day

Winner is #71 Missy Shay and she has been notified and replied.  Pillow cover will be mailed on Monday.
 

 
It's Sew Mama Sew Give Away Day and I have something to give one of you!


It is a 13" X 24" patchwork pillow out of the Pure line by Sweetwater for Moda.  The pillow form is not included due to mailing costs.  The back of the pillow is a key print and it has an envelope closure.

I will draw a number using random number generator on Friday May 10th at 7 P.M Central Time and announce the winner here and email the winner by May 12th.

I know you want to give me something interesting to read when you comment, so tell me if you have ever been swimming in a lake and if you have, do you like it?

Don't forget to click on the link or button at the top to go back to Sew Mama Sew to enter more give aways!

Comments are closed!

190 readers left a comment:

Annabella said...

Gorgeous - lovely design and colours!

Teri said...

Amazing pillow. Are you sure you want to part with it?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love this line of fabric and such pretty color and design. I am afraid of deep water - if I can't see the bottom, I don't go in. Plus, I cant swim.

Brenda said...

I'm not much of a swimmer, so I'll tell you that the Red and Assiniboine Rivers are rising with spring run-off up here in Winnipeg, but due to the late spring, the flooding won't be as bad as initially forecast. thanks for the chance to win something you made!

B Greene said...

I am a newish quilter and I missed this line, but I love it!! What a great prize.

I have been swimming in a lake, but I don't really like it. I don't like the possibility of being touched by a fish!!! Not crazy about the ocean either - ha ha!! Give me some clear, clorinated water any day.

Charlene S said...

As a child I did swim in lakes but now I don't swim period. Not because I don't like swimming in lakes but because of health issues.

Terry said...

Thanks for the chance to win that great pillow! I have been swimming in a lake, but I prefer a pool. I don't like things in the water nibbling on me! LOL

paulette said...

For the first 21 years of my life I lived on the shores of a lake and literally LIVED in it! I love swimming in a lake but will take a pool if I have to!
Thanks for the chance to win your lovely pillow!! VERY generous of you!
Paulette

Maxine said...

Have never been swimming in a lake. We live near two now and I have no plans to dip in them...snakes, you know.

Katie said...

Love that pillow. I am not a big fan of swimming in general but I have been swimming n a lake and liked it less than swimming in a pool. Not knowing where the bottom is and things moving around under neath you kinda adds to my leeriness of lake swimming

Cheryl said...

I have swam in a lake but I must admit that I prefer swimming pools

Sara said...

What a cute pillow!

As a kid growing up in Minnesota I enjoyed a lot of lake swimming. It was some of the best memories of summer!

Cheryl said...

That is GORGEOUS! Thanks for being inspiring AND generous.

Leslie said...

Pick me. Pick me. That pillow is a perfect match for my family room.

Brenda said...

I loathe swimming in pools. Don't know why... I have been like that since childhood. The only time that I had fun in water was a lake near our home. My hubby couldn't believe it! :)

Leo said...

of course I have been swimming in lakes, also rivers sometimes. And yes it's very enjoyable - less chlorine and often less noisy than in a public swimming pool ...

Patty said...

Your pillow is darling. I have been swimming in a lake before and loved it. Sitting on the sand and not haveing to do anything is so relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Yup, Lake Mead. Lots of fun and since the weather in that part of Arizona can get really hot, the lake dunk is a must. Thank you for the wonderful give away chance!

Lisa England said...

When I was a kid I often swam in Lake Erie. I liked it then, not sure if I would now or not. Not a big fan of plants or fish in the water with me!

Kimberly said...

I've swam in Clear Lake in CA, and enjoyed it. It's quite nice. Thank you for the giveaway, that pillow would look great on my couch.

Unknown said...

I have been swimming in a lake, I don't know if I will do it again, I don't like dirty water.

rainjerette said...

It has to be really really hot before I will jump in a lake. Didn't bother me as a kid, but as an adult I tend to think about all the stuff in the lake and I don't always want to join them. A kayak or canoe on the lake is perfectly good anytime, though.

Jean said...

We used to swim in lakes all the time as kids! We loved it! Thanks for the chance to win.

Amy said...

I've never been swimming in a lake before. Lovely pillow!

Laura said...

I love swimming in lakes! My grandparents used to own a lake house and that's where I learned to swim!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie B Sam said...

Yes....we swim in lakes, it's brackish water, as I'm from the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. I much prefer a lake or river to the ocean...we can't stand the beach. Swimming with a catfish or pike is so much better than swimming with jellyfish or sharks!

Kate said...

I grew up swimming in Tiger Lake and Greenwood Lake, where my grandparents had houses. No issues with it back then, but at some point, I got squeamish (maybe when my sister was stung by a Man'o'war at the beach?) and now I only swim in water where I can see the bottom.

Deb said...

I swam in lakes a lot when I was younger but won't any more...the thought of fish rubbing up against my legs creeps me out! Love your pillow.

Allison Sews said...

Beautiful pillow! We have lots of lakes in Seattle so I've definitely been swimming in them but the older I get, the more it grosses me out. I guess I'm realizing all the pollution and other crap that gets dumped in lakes? Who knows.

Sewing Mom said...

Yes, but I don't like lake weeds! I like a nice clean lake. =) Thank you.

Brenda said...

I have swam in a lake in Maine during summers on family vacations. The water was really cold!

CJ said...

Cute pillow and I have a PURE quilt in the line-up! My sister and I used to swim in any lake my dad would park next to while on our travels. We loved it then. Although we live close to a lake and boat most of the summer I don't swim anymore. :S

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Amazing Pillow. You are very talented! Yes, I have been swimming in a lake. Even had my toe bitten by a snapping turtle! That said, I will still swim in lakes.
mcintoshsusan at Hotmail dot com

Mama Pea said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks for the nice giveaway. I never pay attention to these things. I should. I would have liked to have had something to give away! It's beautiful!

Yes, I have swam in lots of lakes. I like it if the bottom is not muddy. Now that I've gotten older, I like it less. When I was a kid something bit me in the foot while I was swimming. My mom still doesn't believe me, but I had the teeth marks to prove it! LOL

Gill said...

We used to swim in a lake as children but I haven't done it for years! I loved it!

Jane S. said...

What beautiful colors! That would go so well in my living room (hint hint).

I grew up swimming in lakes. We went camping every summer and we spent pretty much all our waking hours in the lake. We'd drift in inner tubes, swim, fish. It was wonderful. :)

Jocelyn said...

Mary, your pillow is beautiful. And might I add that it matches my colors in my family room perfectly :-)

Teresa @ Aurea's Kitchen said...

Hi: Lovely pillow. I love swimming in sea water, Atlantic Ocean, really cold, and sometimes in a river but never in a lake. Someday¡¡¡

ktru456 said...

Beautiful pillow! I have never been swimming in a lake before but it sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

As a child we spent our days in the summer at the nearest lake. Swimming and playing in the water!
Gun, Sweden
gun@lapp.se

Georgia said...

I have! The camp I went to growing up had a lake and we swam in it all the time. I loved it! :)
peachstateme at hotmail dot com

Fiber Babble said...

Yes, and no. Well, I was a kid or a teenager and it was probably okay when I was doing it, but I really don't think I'd like it now that I'm (considerably) older.

I do, however, LOVE being at the water's edge or even just within sight of it, whether lake, river, creek or ocean!

Christine said...

That is beautiful, I love the colours.
Never been swimming in a lake but I've paddled in a few

Sheila said...

Love Pure, love your pillow.
Here in Scotland lakes are lochs and you might get eaten by a MONSTER!!

Carla said...

I prefer fresh water to salt, so I love the Lake. Thanks for a chance to win your pillow

Unknown said...

Yes, we have a local lake that I've swam it. It's nice as long as you watch for alligators!

Gunilla said...

Love swimming in lakes! The water is somehow softer. I have actually two lakes not far away from me, just a five minute walk, where I sometimes go for a swim, after work!

Joy said...

I don't think I have. I prefer pools!

Vicki H said...

Growing up in Minnesota, we had plenty of opportunities to swim in lakes. I now live in Kansas, but when visiting family in MN I like to be on the party boat.

Stacy Lindblom said...

What a beautiful pillow! I used to swim at Ruth Lake in Northern California. Wish I still lived there because I love that lake!

Lindsay said...

As a kid swimming in fresh water didn't bother me, but oh I cringe as an adult! We are so lucky the snakes we threw rocks at didn't bite us!!

Anonymous said...

Your pillow is beautiful, I love those colors together. When I was young we used to swim in the lake all the time but as I got older I prefer a pool.
smjohns63 at yahoo dot com

Debra Lee said...

I have swam in a lake many times and it still scares me to death lol!

Marla's Crafts said...

Very nice pillow. I just started making a few pillows this year. I should of had this new sewing machine years ago. I am having so much fun making all kinds of different things. But it is never to late. I am working on a very pretty pillow for my mother for mother's day and one for my friend's birthday. Fun fun fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I've swam in several lakes in Catalonia, also in Glendalough in Ireland and one near Eugene, Oregon. Really nice! you don't have to deal with big waves...

Bonniedoo said...

Love the pillow. I used to swim in Lake Superior as a child.....cold cold cold. LOL

Susan said...

We don't have that many lakes in Australia, so we do our swimming at the beach!

Linda said...

Awesome giveaway! In my youth, summers were spent swimming at New Found Lake in NH. The water was always so cold but we had so much fun. Thanks for the chance to win.

Cindy said...

Simply gorgeous!

I have been swimming in several lakes thru out my life.... most noted would be Lake Michigan, boy does that bring back memories! LOL Then we have a lake close to us that I've also been in. Haven't been in since my kids were little!

Betsy said...

Mary this design color way is fabulous. Thank you for the chance

Northern Deb said...

I just love the colors in this pillow.
Since I'm surrounded by lakes up here, yes, every summer I'm in one or another. Lake Michigan is reserved for the late summer since it takes a while to warm up but I jump into Lake Charlevoix at the start of summer.

~Laurie~ said...

I like to swim in a lake only with swim shoes on! I really, really, really do not like the squishy feel at the bottom or the chance of stepping on a snapper! Otherwise, a lake is a beautiful place to be - especially the with the surroundings.

Cindy said...

I am a ALAKE girl for sure. No ocean waves for this girl. I used to love when Dad took me waterskiing...although Mom hated it because I'd forget to take glasses off and ...oops....at the bottom of the lake they went.

Cat Palmer said...

Lovely cushion, thanks for the giveaway. I've never been swimming in a lake, unless you call the ocean a really big lake. :-)

Sheila said...

Thanks for the chance to win this great pillow .

Amy said...

I don't mind lake swimming but I don't like to touch the bottom!! Thanks for the giveaway! Amy @ gasudimack(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

ritainalaska said...

oh,my ... we would dive in when the ice was at one end of the lake and swim 'til the frost hit! we had a lake a block and a half from home and could bike out to the gravel pit a couple miles or make a day of it and bike 7 miles to another lake and picnic, too! fun!

Anonymous said...

I grew up swimming at the local reservoir, and there are a lot of lakes here in eastern Washington that are great for swimming. Must say I prefer lakes to swimming pools and all the chlorine and crowding.

Kristen said...

So beautiful! Absolutely we swim in lakes in our family.

Missy Shay said...

I love that pillow! I love swimming in a lake,but I do wear swimming shoes just in case! I haven't gone swimming in one in years though!
missysaprons@gmail.com

Heather said...

I prefer lake swimming to the ocean ~ doesn't sting my eyes as much. The Virginia lakes are lovely!

Carrie P. said...

great giveaway!
I did swim in several lakes when we went camping as a child. I loved it then.

Karen H said...

Oh my, Mary... I have a quilt made with this line of fabric over the back of my sofa.... the pillow would look awesome with it. We used to go swimming in a lake when I was a child... not so sure I'd want to go in one now. But I didn't know any different at the time! :)

Jenniffer said...

I love this pillow cover! Those are my 'summer' colors :)

I love lake swimming more than any kind! As a kid we would make the 8 hours drive back to Coeur d Alene, ID from Seattle- my grandparents grew up there- and we would spend a whole week playing, swimming and jumping into the lake. LOVE it!

Jo said...

Aside from the leeches I like lake swimming. Thanks for the chance to win your pretty pillow I just adore these fabrics.

Sue said...

All we had to swim in was lakes back when I was a kid. We had a big lake in our town but the one across town was amazing and was a real treat to go to. All levels of diving boards, a place to dance and listen to music. What more could we have asked for?

Laurel09 said...

I have been swimming in a pond/lake countless times and prefer it to pools and the ocean.

Unknown said...

Yes, I have been swimming in a lake and really didn't like it!

Karen said...

Yes, I have been swimming in a lake. Not one of my favorites. I much prefer a pool.

grandmarockton said...

can't swim but love to be at lake , LOVE the pillow favorite collection

Moowee said...

I love the lake. My new love is to go swim in the darkest part of the lake late at night. Just float and watch the stars ... Ahhh is it summer yet?

That pillow is terrific! It is serene like the lake. Love it.

Heidi Reads... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Reads... said...

I have been swimming in a lake but I prefer the ocean!
colorvibrant[at]gmail[dot]com

Michell said...

I have swam in plenty of rivers but never a lake

Michele R. said...

I have not been swimming in a lake. Pools yes, oceans yes, but not a lake. And its funny that I've never even thought about that fact until I read your giveaway this evening. I must put that on my bucket list. hmmm......

Anyway- great pillow- super cute! My email address is kudra1978 at aol dot com.

Vicki said...

I love swimming in the lake. I don't love walking on the bottom. Skiing is the best!!

Kathy MacKie said...

Yes, I did swim in Brightsand lake last summer with my two Grand daughters and I felt like a kid again. Love your colours of the pillow, thanks,

Susan said...

Just stumbled on your blog recently- quite by accident. I was actually looking for a map of Lake Pulaski and found you! So glad I did! :) I actually work very close to Lake Pulaski (at the hospital).

Anyway, also being from Minnesota means I have been swimming in lakes many times. Thank you for hosting this fun contest.

Unknown said...

I have, but can hardly remember the feeling of it, for I've been living near the sea for the last 7 years :) julia.glotova (at) gmail (dot) com

Nilya said...

Gorgeous Pillow!!! I like it more to swim in the sea, while swimming in the lake I am a bit uncomfortable because you cannot often see the ground ;-)

The Reader said...

Gorgeous pillow! Such wonderful fabric choices!

I have been swimming in a lake before, several times. I don't mind lakes, but I prefer my beaches to have waves. I grew up on the shore, so ocean/gulf coast waves are "home" to me.

Jolien said...

Noticed your giveaway on the Sew Mama Sew blog and the pillow just popped. I adore those colors!

As for swimming in a lake... Does swimming in an old gravel-pit count too? We had a few of those in our neighbourhood and used to visit those when we were kids.

Oh and I almost forgot about lake Balaton, been to that one. Not too cold, that one's quite good actually!

Those waters often do have icky green slimy thingies floating around, that's a disadvantage, but when the weather is good, nothing beats a swim in some cold water. ;-) Plus I even more appreciate a good shower afterwards, haha.

slkunze said...

I learned to swim in a lake and later found it was easier to teach swimming in a lake because a fearful student can start on a beach and gradually get used to the water when the lake bottom slopes gently. And if the bottom is slimy, it promotes learning to swim on the top, lol! And oh, yes, I love the pillow!

MamaHen said...

So pretty! I have never swam in a lake and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it :)
clarksrfun at gmail dot com

Suzanne said...

I have not been swimming in a lake in over 25 years. I remember being creeped out because something kept bumping into my leg and I could not see what it was! Thank you
Suzanne dot Jourdan at gmail dot com

paul said...

I swim at lake bryan. so fun!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I don't really enjoy swimming, mostly just sitting on the edge of a pool and dangling my feet in the water. So no, never in a lake.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pillow! I've swam in a lake and must say that I don't care for it too much.

Heather B said...

I love swimming in the lake. I actually learned how to swim in the river behind my house and as I got older I was always at the lake. Thanks for the chance to win!

Lori said...

When I was younger our family went on vacation (cant remember now where) but all 7 us went swimming in a huge lake. I hated it. I could feel the slime on the bottom and see fish and all kinds of other unidentifiable things. shiver!!!! Course I was a little miss don't get dirty prissy thing. Wow has that changed.

Christine S said...

Oh this pillow is amazing! I did when I was younger. Now, I don't like unseen creepy crawly things so much lol!

Rachel Martorano of Ravens Rascals said...

Lovely pillow!

The last time I swam in a lake I was a teenager. I enjoyed it in the moment, but always felt so gross when we were finished and on our way home. lol

KYLLKATZZ said...

wonderful giveaway....sweet colours

greetings from Germany
marion

heather said...

hi! well, it's been years since swimming in a lake & as i remember it, no it was not for me... the muck, etc. interesting question! thanks for the giveaway! bulwinkle44@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! I like your question :) I'm a born lake-swimmer and get in the water as soon as I can stand it (when the ice goes out) in the spring so people think I'm crazy. The only bad thing is I tend to lose sunglasses and I have a criminal yearning to takeover people's unused diving platforms.

Kate said...

I loved going to Lake of the Ozarks as a kid -- so fun. Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE lake swimming. No waves, no sand. Not that I dislike the beach I just feel like its a lot calmer. I love the Pure line so this to me is a fantastic giveaway. Thank You!!
mugirl113 at gmail dot com

Marilize said...

Absolutely gorgeous pillow. I love funstional quilting and this one hots it out the park :)

I've never tried swimming in a lake before. I think the idea of not seeing what is in the murky water is the thing that freaks me out. I watch too many scary movies - hahaha.

Thank you for a great giveaway and the chance to win

Willa said...

I do not remember ever swimming in a lake.

Sandra said...

Yes I did swim in a lake. It was fabulous. It just was a nice feeling and felt so good. It was fun and sometime you ought to do - even if it is just once. You have picked my colors. I would give this pillow so much love and nothing beats a present than a homemade one. Thank you for the chance to win.

Sandi Timmons
sandit1@sbcglobal.net

Lia*s Handmades said...

This pillow case is beautiful!

I have been swimming in a lake in Sweden once on vacation. I'm usually not a fan of 'open' waters, nor swimming, but the water was warm, clear and greenish and there were small fish swimming and tickling around my feet. So funny!

artsycraftsyivy said...

I have waded in lakes and really enjoyed it--no swimming, though. Lovely pillow! Thanks for the giveaway! :)

Unknown said...

I have but I am not a fan of swimming in the lakes

charlotte said...

I have, but I hate the squishy lake bottom. Guess I'm a cement pond girl.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh Mary! I would LOVE to win this! Once upon a time, my parents purchased property and built a house on a lake. I was about 12 when we moved. I hated swimming in the lake. The fish freaked me out and I always felt slimy when I got out of the water. So I just sat on the dock and enjoyed the lake that way. :)

Sally said...

This pillow would go perfectly in my living room! I'm on a mission to get rid of the ugly pillows that came with the couch, so this would certainly help me along :)

I know I swam in lakes when I was a kid, but now, I would only do it under duress.

Kat said...

That pillow is beautiful! Such a nice combination of colours and pattern.

I've never deliberately swum in a lake (I don't really trust it if i can't see the bottom), I did once fall out of a canoe when we were paddling to a little island in a lake… does that count? ;)

Slowpoke said...

Mary,I have loved this pillow ever since I first
saw it on your blog a while ago.
I tried to get the fabric,
but it was already disappearing.
I stepped into Lake Erie and it was so slimy and full of seaweed,
I never did learn to swim.
Thanks for a beautiful giveaway. Luba

Bobbie said...

The camp we went to in jr high had a very slimy lake but it didn't stop us- we just had a contest to see who collected the most slime and swam afterwards! Great fun! We also lived on lake erie for a while. If it's water I am in it! :)

Garilyn S said...

Beautiful pillow that would look great in my living room! Yes, I have gone swimming in a lake and yes, I enjoyed it, but I would rather swim in the river!

Sallie said...

Love the pillow! I've swam in a lake, but I don't like it. Thanks for the great giveaway!

Cathy C said...

I love swimming in lakes. We live near Lake West Point in Georgia. We have fun boating out to the middle and jumping in. (though I insist on life vests because you can't see under the water in lakes). Your pillow is beautiful. LOVE the colors:)

Laura said...

I haven't in a long time but we used to all the time as kids. I do like the sand bottom but I don't really like the murkiness of the water so I guess I can take or leave it.

Melanie said...

Abasolutely! We are right on lake Winnebago and travel north all the time to swim in their gorgeous lakes. Thanks for the chance!

Tania said...

I haven't been swimming in a lake since I was a little girl. My cousins and I used to love when we got to go to the lake to swim.

Jeanette said...

I have as a kid, and I hated it. I love being out by a lake, but in it? Blech. I want to be able to see what else is in there with me!

Southern Gal said...

We had a lake house from the time I was 10 until 20 years old. I wish we had never sold it. We stayed in the water either swimming or skiing from May to September every year. Nothing like it. Thanks for the chance.

Unknown said...

As a child, I had a near drowning at a lake in Wisconsin and haven't been back in a large body of water since.

tammi said...

I really hate it! Scaly old fish in there, and you can't see them because the water is so murky, and you wouldn't dare open your eyes in there anyway- or even worse, open your mouth!! I would only get in there if I was really really really hot.

Tatkis said...

I love this pillow so much! My favourite colours!!

I swam in lakes several times, last time here in Australia and I have to say that I like it but prefer lakes with sand bottoms :)
Thanks for the giveaway!

Hugs,
Tatyana

principeta said...

Amazing giveaway,thank you for the chance to win it.Love this pillow cover,colors are amazing,my favorites.We only go to the swimming pool in the summer but love to go in walks by the lake or river.Have a lovely day.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I am lucky enough to live on a lake and try to swim every day in the summer.

CMEH said...

I have swum in a lake but it makes me very nervous... I am so scared of what could be touching my feet

Stephanie said...

Pretty pillow! I love the colors.

Yes, I like lake swimming, but living near the ocean, I miss the waves in a lake!

Elke said...

When I was a kid, I used to swim in a little lake with very brown water and many fishes.
Lovely pillow!

Ginny said...

So cute! I grew up in Alaska..so swimming in a lake wasnt much of an option. However we did once and I didn't like it..plus there are so many icky geese and the lakes are so gross where we were. Only my legs went in!

DespinaV said...

gorgeous pillow!!
I haven't, since I grew up and live near the sea.
I would love to try it though
:-)

deb_oro@yahoo.gr

Miss Crafty said...

I have never swam in a lake but have been in the sea. I think I'd prefer a lake as hate salt water in my eyes!

Unknown said...

Yes I have swam in a lake many times, but it seems as I get older I really don't like to anymore...I always wonder whats lurking in there..lol! Thanks for the chance:)

Pippa Parsons said...

gorgeous, I do like swimming in the lake as long as it's not stoney :)

Barbara O. said...

I love swimming in a lake, nothing to compare with it, swimming in the sea feels very different, the water in lakes is much softer.
Thanks for the chance!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Great pillow - it would look fab on my chocolate coloured couch!!! I love swimming but I am a whale :)

Margaret said...

When I was a kid, we lived on the lake and we swam all the time. Loved it. Then we moved up north and to a new lake. I almost drowned and haven't swam at all since I was about 12.

Anita said...

I have been swimming in lakes in both Jasper, AB and Okanagan BC. It was pure childhood bliss. :)

Anonymous said...

Got to say the colours in that pillow case are fabulous.
I went swimming in a mountain lake in Germany a few years ago and it was SO cold! I didn't have the courage to jump in in one go so I inched my way in, screaming about the cold - not my best moment!
Thanks for the giveaway.

Tina said...

When I was in high school, a bunch of us used to skip school and go to this out of the way place called Bamboo Lake. We would climb a tree and jump form it, into Bamboo Lake. The bottom was yucky but we had a blast anyway.

Nanbon44 said...

i remember many summers swinging out on the rope that was in the tree by the shore and letting go into the cool water of the lake.. so many years ago... no way now....

Sarah said...

I love swimming in lakes!

Unknown said...

No lakes, but we go to the river once a year and I love it. So cold and refreshing.

sewing_passion said...

As a kid I swam in lakes all the time. Living in the country hardly anyone had a pool when I was a kid. Now I don't swim in lakes at all. I don't like the thought of seaweed or a snake wrapping around my leg.
Thanks for the chance to win!

Mary Ann said...

I like pools better!

Dee said...

that cushion cover is beautiful, thanks for the chance to win it.

Breanna S. said...

Beautiful. Yes I have swam in a lake, pond, creek and Loved every minute of it.

Maureen Hayes said...

I LOVE lake swimming. We used to go when I was a girl and I miss it! That is an amazing pillow, thanks for offering it as a giveaway!

sntbosch said...

yes, and yes. I don't if they have a slimy bottom.
sntbosch(at)me(dot)com

hueisei said...

Nope, I only swim at pool.
Thanks for the wonderful giveaway!!!

Fran said...

I haven't ever swum in a lake. I live by the beach but I'm a little strange as I prefer to swim in a pool, chlorine smell & all. Thanks for the lovely giveaway.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

I love the colours in the pillow!
I live by the lake and when it's warm in summer it is nice to go for a swim!
carin(dot)aschan(at)hotmail(dot)com

Beth said...

Yes, I like swimming in lakes if the bottom isn't too slimy! Especially if there are little fish in the lake, it is fun to have them come get the air bubbles off my skin. But I prefer the ocean!

Unknown said...

Been swimming in lakes many times! But as I get older would defiantly take a pool where I can see the bottom and nothing swims by my feet over a lake anyday!! sharoo1975@yahoo.com

CraftyHourMom said...

We go to the lake for 2 weeks every year! I love it. The one we visit is Kimball Lake in Saskatchewan. It was voted one of Canada's top 10 beaches for years, with good reason.

Thanks for the chance - I have two giveaways happening too: www.craftyhour.com

Tammy said...

Only as a young child did i ever play or swim in lakes. But as a adult I will never in a million years ever do tha tagain. If i can't see my feet and the bottom this old gal isn't gonna be in it.
Thank you for the chance to enter your giveaway.

atabanana29 said...

We used to go swimming in a lake all the time when I was little!! IT was so much fun....but I'm not sure I would swim in a lake now! lol! atabanana29(at)gmail(dot)com

Valerie said...

I swim in Lake Ontario all of the time, my inlaws have a cottage there. It tends to be cold, but it's amazing!

sandyandcosmo said...

I try to avoid getting wet as much as possible so I don't swim anywhere!

Shanny said...

There aren't any lakes around here so no. I have swam in a pool and an ocean, though. Not a fan of the ocean. I like to see where I am going, personally.

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Spent many a summer at lake front cabins in NY and later in Maine. Loved the swimming and the fishing.

Emily C said...

I don't go lake swimming. I don't swim very well and would not feel safe not knowing th depth. Lovely pillow, thanks for the giveaway.

Becky said...

I don't think I've been swimming in a lake. I grew up in Louisiana. We sometimes swam in the bayou, and fished in the lakes:) Thanks for an awesome giveaway! Love this fabric line. I made a tote bag for my SIL out of it.

Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of swimming in open water, so I didn't enjoy lake swimming much, but i love just putting my feet in.

Kathy H said...

Very pretty pillow. I do enjoy swimming in a lake. My favorite lake is Higgins Lake in Michigan as it is so clear. I can stand in water up to my neck and still see my feet.

Barbe said...

even though i live on the ocean we always go to the lake in the summer camping, nothing better than waking up by the beach.

Delorise said...

I grew up swimming in Lake Norman. That was the only place to go. We loved it as kids. Now it is so popular that there isn't really any public access to go anymore. Such a shame because I know I would still love it. Even when the little fish would come and nip your legs and toes. lol

Deb said...

No I can't swim at all...have never been!!! And I'm 60 years old!!! how did I miss out?! LOL!

I have a kit of this fabric from Burgandy Buttons for a future quilt for my grandson. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to win this matching pillow!!

Iesadora said...

I've never gone swimming in a lake, but I used to swim in a dam not far from where I grew up. I loved it!! So did our dogs =)

Anonymous said...

I have and I didnt like it...Im not the biggest fan of fish, when they are alive...I would rather swim in a pool or only venture out in the shallows. Thanks for the chance!

Anonymous said...

I've waded in a lake. I can't swim very well so I wasn't brave enough to go out far

Nancy Sue said...

Wonderful pillowcase :) I swim in a lake, but I'm such a chicken, I have to keep my sneakers on :) I know, lame-a-roo-ski!

Michelle J. said...

I have and I loved it (but that probably had to do with the fact that it was man-made, and I knew there weren't scary things lurking)!

quiltmom anna said...

I love your beautiful pillow Mary- lovely inviting colors.
Thanks for the chance to win such a pretty pillow.
I am not a good swimmer so swimming in a lake would not be a good plan.
Thanks for the chance to win your lovely work.
Regards from Alberta,
Anna

elflyn said...

I used to swim in a lake a lot when I was younger and we used to muck about in boats and canoes.
Thanks for the chance to win.

Canadian Abroad said...

I grew up swimming in lakes as well as the ocean. Totally spoiled. Halifax NS has lakes all over the place so we had a choice as well. Lake swimming beats swimming in a pool any day. Gorgeous cushion and thanks for the chance to win, Mary!

BrandiSchmandi said...

lake swimming is kindof dirty but i've done it. in order of favorites i'll list my swimming preferences: ocean, salt water pool, alkaline quarry, chlorinated pool, spring fed creek, river, lake, pond.

nicole said...

i have....but do not like it! can't stand not knowing what my feet are touching!!

Tammy said...

I loved this range when it came out but never found on sale here in the UK. It matches my blue/brown decor perfectly. Blue is surprisingly difficult to match, most quilting fabrics are more aqua and teal than a true blue.

Housewife59 said...

My husband swims in lakes whenever he can, but I'm afraid because the water looks too cold!

Thank you for the chance to win your lovely giveaway

Lesley

Nicola said...

I went to the same holiday place every year for 18+ years and there was a lagoon (no lake, but similar) We loved it! And the 'cococola' water)

Erin Noie Photography said...

Gorgeousness!! Yes, I have been swimming in a lake. Tons of awesome childhood memories vacationing in northern WI on various lakes! erinnoie@hotmail.com

Millie said...

Mary your blue and brown pillow is gorgeous. Sound like fun to swim in a lake, I have not done it...I'm afraid.