Tutorials

Friday, April 6, 2012

We interupt this week of Swoon to bring you...

.....a sheet set for Audrey!

Audrey moved into a big girl bed; well, not really big, her crib mattress in a toddler bed.
She needs a set of sheets; fitted bottom sheet, flat sheet and matching pillow case.
Those are hard to find in solid colors to match her room, so I ordered a clearance organic cotton king size flat sheet and made the whole set!


Grandma couldn't give Audrey a PLAIN pillowcase on her second birthday which happens to fall on Easter!


I wish I could credit whoever it was that shared this drawing last year.  There is no info on my copy and I searched the internet with no success.  Thank you whoever you are.
I also would like to credit Erin of Why Not Sew for inspiring me to try a little drawing with thread using my machine (and many other things). 
 If I did it again, I would also draw around the outside of the bunny.  It's not perfect, but it sure was fun.

Happy Easter!

16 readers left a comment:

Robin said...

How sweet is that little bunny. My grandson just turned 2 and he is now in a big boy bed (crib size) too. I made him a quilt so he could take it to day care he just started this week. The things that grandparents do.

Robin in Washington State

Rachel said...

That is awesome! I have become a huge fan of thread painting, it is so much fun!

Rebeckah Austin said...

Very cute and great idea! I am always on the lookout for sheet/curtains on sale that would be cute fabric to have in the stash. :) Happy Birthday to the little one!

sandra said...

Really sweet I am sure she will love it. I just finish quilt for my 5 year old grandson called the Hungry Caterpillar although he can't see much he does see very bright colors so he loved it.
Do you have to have a special machine to thread paint?
Have a Happy Easter. Blessings Sandra

Barb said...

How adorable!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh that is so cute! I remember making sheets and a matching quilt for our DD when she moved to the toddler bed. Fun sewing! Have a happy weekend!

Grammasheri said...

What a darling pillowcase, and a terrific idea for making a custom set of sheets. I'm betting it will be a winner with Audrey!

Pat from Florida said...

Did you do this free motion? Lovely. What a nice Grandma you are.

Pat from Florida said...

Mary, forgot to mention you too are now hit by these unwanted back links. Change your settings to 'new posts do not have backlinks' or similar to get rid of these pests. They hit me this week too. Ugh!

Kristin said...

Visiting from Sew Many Ways FFF. :) What a cute idea for the pillowcase!

I saw Lake Pulaski on your link and thought it sounded familiar... after reading a few posts I realized why! I lived in Buffalo for a couple years a decade ago. Lovely area.

Love your large quilt squares as well. I might even be able to find time to finish a quilt with something that size. ;)

Darlene said...

Adorable, Mary! I can't believe Miss Audrey is going to be two!!!! Happy, Happy Birthday to her.

Teresa F. said...

It's adorable. I'm sure Audrey will love it. What a sweet gift.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

So cute! I'll bet Audrey is thrilled!

Jean said...

Very cute bunny....she will love it and her new big girl sheets!

mascanlon said...

Great bunny, I love the thread drawing, I haven't tackled that yet. I know Audrey must love this sweet pillow case, who wouldn't!

Mama Pea said...

Super cute, Mary! And how clever to buy a king sheet set and make them yourself. That is just a great idea! I bet she loved it!