Tutorials

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Doll Quilt and Embroidery 101 Block 5

I made a doll quilt for a great niece who is dealing with some stuff right now: 


I had a piece of minky leftover from another project that I thought would work on the back to help keep dolly warm:


+++++

Block five of Embroidery 101 from Clover & Violet is finish:
I'm still behind by one, but may get caught up this weekend while watching some tennis (U.S. Open)!
Enjoy your weekend.

15 readers left a comment:

Barb said...

Your doll quilt is just wonderful!! Love the stitchery!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A cute dol quilt - love the minky touch. Glad to see someone else catching up with '101' stitcheries.

Michele said...

Love the doll quilt and your block :-) Both are lovely :-)

Kritta22 said...

Oh you are such a good aunt! Great job.

Jayne Honnold said...

Such a good aunt! I am sure your niece will be comforted. Both your projects are beautiful!

Needled Mom said...

What a sweet quilt and what beautiful embroidery!!!! Nice work.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a sweet gift for dolly. Love that embroidery block too.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Such a pretty doll quilt! and you are really moving along with your stitching! another beauty!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm sure your niece and her dolly will feel a lot better hugging this sweet little quilt. Beautiful stitchery.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely darling...and the back so cozy and soft on the fingertips!

Jan M said...

The doll quilt is precious, but I am especially loving the embroidered block!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Mary...you already know what I'm going to say...I know I sound like a broken record...but its true...I love your work!
Smiles,
Kelly

Mama Pea said...

That doll quilt is sweet. Minky always does the trick! Your embroidery is to die for. I don't know how you do it all!

Brooke said...

Your great niece will no doubt be delighted. There is no more special gift than something quilty.

ALSO....Miss Audrey's birthday dress is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Please insist they have her portrait made wearing it. :-) She looks like a living doll. You outdid yourself!

Carrie P. said...

A very sweet doll quilt.
My first quilt was a bow tie pattern.