Tutorials

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Something From Nothing Mini Quilt Swap

I joined the "Something From Nothing Mini Quilt Swap" over at the 15 Minutes of Play blog  originated by Victoria of Bumblebeans,Inc.  

I need more practice in being comfortable out of my box in quilting.  This includes no patterns, for me using solid color fabric and using up scraps.

Here is where I'm at:


Now I'm trying to decide if I should add some hand quilting or embroidery before I send it off to my secret partner.  What fun!

What do you think?
It's a 12 inch square ( just wobbly in the photo).







 

15 readers left a comment:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I like it! Very nice, Mary.

Needled Mom said...

It looks great. I would probably add some quilting to it...maybe some big stitch sewing on it.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

try some perle if you have some just outlining maybe? I love how bright and mod it is! hugs my friend!

Betsy said...

It looks great. If you want to make it crazy quilting style then some embroidery and embellishments would be a nice touch.

Karen H said...

i love it! Great job!

Amy said...

I like it! love the crisp colors.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Love it Mary! xo

Mary said...

I like it....how about some stitches with perle cotton? It looks great!

Kelly O. said...

I love it! I think outlining it in hand quilting would add the interest it needs!

shannon said...

beautiful. i agree with the others- some outlining hand quilting with perle cotton would do the trick. i'd use contrasting thread..

Sinta Renee said...

Great impact Mary! Love your block!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I really like the solids for this type of application! I'd agree with some simple outlining for the quilting. Very cool!

Talin's Corner said...

It looks great. Your secret partner will love it. Personally, I would quilt it...but that's just me.

Michele said...

I love it! What a great exercise in going out of the box :-)

Nanette Merrill said...

Very modern and attractive. I would probably add some stitching.