I heard a little girl might like a purple and green owl softie so I searched for a pattern.
I found "Eva Owl" from Design. Wash. Rinse. Repeat and it was exactly what I was looking for.
Searching through my scraps I found all the ingredients and made her this afternoon:
She is almost seven inches tall. The only thing I changed from the pattern was to add wool felt eyes rather than buttons.
++++++++
I also made a headband for a special great-niece named Piper:
It looks red on this photo but is really a pretty magenta!
+++++++++
I am participating in Doll Quilt Swap 10 and spent most of Saturday on my little quilt. All I have left is to finish the quilting and the binding. I am going to have a hard time sending this one away.
Here is a little peek:
I will do a complete post when I am finished. The quilt measures sixteen inches square. I hope my partner likes it.

23 readers left a comment:
The owl is sooo cute! I'm liking the fabrics in the sneak peek too.
The owl is adorable! Was going to say cute until I read Janets comment - don't want to be a copycat!
What a gorgeous owl. I am sure it will make someone very happy.
What a sweet and very girlie owl. Oh your little doll swap quilt is cute. Love the big stitch.
Wow, Mary! That owl is so cute! I'm sure someone is going to be so excited about the headband too! I love the doll quilt.....I think I know what pattern it is but I don't want to spoil a surprise. I have that pattern, but haven't gotten around to making it yet. Please post a picture when you are done.....it looks great!
Love he owl and the colors--what little girl could resist?
Gail :)
I love your owl, soooo adorable.
That owl is super cute!
The softie is adorable!!!! It will be loved.
The doll quilt looks fabulous too.
CUTE owl!! And from what I can see of your doll quilt.. LOVE! I can't wait to see the rest of it!
What a cute owl!!!
That owl is darling. And, I cannot wait to see the rest of your doll quilt.
What a perfectly adorable little softie! "She?" is soooo cute, and I'm sure will be a big hit with that special little girl! And I can't wait to see the entire doll quilt...love those fabrics!
XOXO,
Cyndi
EEEK! Mary, That is wonderful that you used all those scraps I sent so wonderfully.
I am glad thaty will be loved forever now :) Your so inspiring,!
your owl is adorable! and so is your doll quilt swap quilt. i love the little whirlygiggle blocks. so adorable! the handstitching is a great touch.
So cute Mary...love the eyes and the frill on the skirt..
Julia ♥
Has to be a good day when an owl that adorable is born. She is sure to make someone very, very happy!
Your owl is just too cute. The headband is lovely and the doll quilt is looking great. i can't wait to see the rest.
that owl is too cute.
can't wait to see the quilt.
Love the owl. Can't wait to see the doll quilt. I like it already with Hope Valley!!
Ok, your owl is just too cute to not leave a note. :D I'm going to go hunt the pattern down! I've been surfing the blogs followed by those I follow - what fun to stumble onto yours. Hope you're having a nice day!
CUTE owl! Love it and your mini quilt is really cute, too! Can't wait to see the whole thing!
I love this owl! so sweet!
Post a Comment